Wrap Recipes: Collard Wraps with Turmeric Spread
Lunch can often be a challenge. So many times, I find myself lost in a project, only to realize that lunch time has passed and I am starving. At that point, I need something quick and healthy to throw together. That is when raw food can really shine. Grab a couple of collard leaves, chop up some veggies and make a quick sauce and you have a delicious collard green wrap that can be prepared in minutes. This one is a great addition to your wrap recipes collection.
This recipe features a wonderful coconut, lime, turmeric sauce that is the perfect compliment for the cucumbers and peppers. A little carrot thrown in for good measure gives it a little more flavor and crunch. Turmeric is a very healthy spice. It is often called a super food because of all of it’s healthy benefits. You can read more about turmeric here: Healthy Turmeric.
- 1 young thai coconut, flesh from (approximately 1 cup, packed)
- 1/3 cup fresh coconut water (from young thai coconut)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped ginger
- 1/2 lime, juice from
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or other liquid sweetener
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- pinch Himalayan salt
- Blend all ingredients in high-speed blender until smooth. Set aside to let flavors marry.
- 4 collard green leaves
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 carrot, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into thin strips
- Place filling ingredients on collard leaf.
- Top with dressing.
- Roll and cut in half.