Frozen Blackberry Lime Tarts
This delightful raw recipe for “Blackberry Lime Hearts” comes from one of my all time favorite recipe books: Rawmazing Frozen Desserts, which is on sale this week! It is the perfect summer recipe book, filled with recipes for delicious frozen treats. All of the recipes are easy, and none require an ice cream maker! These are great recipes for entertaining, too as they can be made ahead.
Everything in the book can be made with a blender or food processor! You will find over 25 recipes including elegant tortes and bars that are super simple to throw together, granitas with new and exciting flavor combinations, ice pops (or popsicles) that every child and adult will love and shaved ice drinks made with healthy fruit purée and other fun ingredients. This is the perfect raw summer recipe book.
- 1/3 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- zest from 2 limes
- 1 cup cashews, soaked until soft
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup agave or desired sweetener
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- Blend all heart ingredients (except blackberries) until smooth.
- Place a layer of berries in the bottom of your mold. I use this one: silicone heart mold
Fill with lime mixture almost to the top. They will expand a little with freezing.
- Drop the pan a few times to get the air bubbles out.
- Freeze until solid.
- Un-mold and top with ganache.
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup agave
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- To make ganache, whisk all ingredients together. You will have extra
- ganache but it stores well.