Mushroom Leek Tart
Who says you can’t do raw food in the winter? We have our dehydrators, and some great techniques that will enable us to recreate some of our favorite dishes with all of their nutrients and enzymes intact! I happen to love leeks. I love tarts. Thrown together with some marinated mushrooms and spinach, you have a healthy, beautiful, gourmet dish that is worthy of your holiday table! Take a look at the ingredients. Instead of using butter, cream and eggs, we use a few cashews! This is super easy and delightful. You will love this mushroom leek tart.
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons nama shoyu (raw organic soy sauce)
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 1/2 cups leeks (thinly sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- pinch celtic sea salt
- The night before: combine mushrooms, olive oil and nama shoyu. Mix well, place in refrigerator to marinate.
- 10 hours before serving: Wrap foil around the outside of an 8″ tart pan. You are doing this to prevent leakage. Rinse mushrooms and spread in the bottom of a prepared (oiled) 8″ tart pan. Crush spinach between hands and spread on top of the mushrooms. Spread leeks on top of the spinach.
- In Vitamix or blender, combine cashews, water, tarragon, pepper and salt. Blend until very well blended. Pour over veggies in tart pan.
- Place in dehydrator. Dehydrate at 145 for 1 hour, reduce heat and continue dehydrating at 116 for another 9 hours.