Raw Cauliflower Salad with Mustard Dill Dressing
I love summer food. It’s easy, fresh, delicious and bursting with flavors that you only get when produce is in season. Tomatoes are sweet and juicy, cauliflowers from the farmer’s market are fresh and firm, and everything just seems to taste a little better.
These days, I am making recipes that are nutrient dense and have great health benefits. The food is not as “sexy” as some of the things you find on the internet but with the “sexy” has come a whole new category of food that is presented as healthy but is anything but. I see far too many raw and vegan recipes that are filled with sugar, fat and unhealthy ingredients.
My focus has shifted back to simpler food that celebrates a cauliflower just as it is, but with amazing taste and appeal.
Today’s salad is super easy, very nutrient dense, refreshing and delicious. Featuring cauliflower, one of our hard working cruciferous vegetables, this salad picks up more nutritional points with the addition of cucumber and tomato! The dressing is full of flavor and whips up easily in the blender.
SERVES 4 to 6
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup spring onion, sliced
- Place in bowl and toss to combine.
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked until soft (you can use 1/4 cup cashews and 1/2 block of tofu if you want to lighten up on the nuts and don’t care if it is raw)
- 1/2 cup of water (more as needed)
- 1 date, softened
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1-2 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Place all ingredients except the dill, zest, garlic, salt and pepper in blender. Process until smooth. Don’t forget the lemon juice!
- Add the remaining dill, zest, garlic, salt and pepper. Pulse a few times to combine.
- Pour over veggies and top with walnuts.