Raw Pumpkin Cranberry Ginger Parfaits!
Raw Pumpkin? YES! It is super healthy (read about pumpkin here: raw pumpkin spice cookies), plentiful at this time of year and tastes great! I have a friend who is very raw food adverse, only because she really hasn’t tried anything. She stopped over as I was making these. I asked her if she wanted to try the raw pumpkin purée. Just the look on her face made me laugh. Her answer was a definite no. I told her to get over it and taste it. The look on her face changed completely. “Wow, this is really good!” she stated with a completely different look on her face. As she polished off one of the parfaits asking for more, I smiled.
I love all of the fall flavors that go with pumpkin. Cinnamon combined with cranberries and pecans make this dessert irresistible. The crowning glory is the layer and topping of ginger “cream”. This is an easy recipe to throw together. You just need to plan ahead to let the ginger whipped “cream” set up. This is a perfect dessert for your holiday table.
- 1/2 medium pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks (you need to use a sugar pumpkin for this)
- 1/4- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons raw agave nectar or sweetener of choice
- Place pumpkin, cinnamon and agave in food processor or high-speed blender. Pulse until puréed, adding water as needed. You will have to scrape down the sides of the food processor while processing.
Ginger Whipped “Cream”
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked overnight, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons raw agave nectar or liquid sweetener of your choice
- Place cashews and water in high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add melted coconut oil, fresh ginger and raw agave. Process until well blended.
- Transfer to container and chill until set.
- 1 cup frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup raw agave nectar
- Place in food processor and process until purée is achieved. I like this layer to be a little chunky.
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place pecans and cinnamon in food processor. Pulse until chopped.
- In parfait glass, place a layer of pecans, topped with a layer of the pumpkin purée, a layer of cranberries then a layer of the ginger whipped “cream”. Repeat topping with more pecans.