Raw Strawberry Banana Crepes!
Before I started eating a raw food diet, my girls and I had a Sunday tradition. We made Swedish pancakes. Butter, cream, whipped cream, white flour, and lots of sugar. Maybe a little dollop of Strawberries. They tasted great but guaranteed a food coma plus a day of feeling heavy and bloated. I traded a energized, productive day for a few minutes of culinary gluttony. I needed a raw food recipe to replace this!
As time has passed, my body will not tolerate white flour, sugar, and cream. Not to mention, the potential for damage caused from eating that way! Still, I missed that Sunday tradition. So, I decided to create a raw version of that special Sunday breakfast and I am thrilled by the results. These are quite easy to make, so give them a try! Be sure to start the crepes the night before.
MAKES 4-6 CREPES
- 4 bananas
- 1 lemon, juice from
- Place bananas in food processor. Add lemon juice and process until liquid.
- Pour into 5″ round circles. These should only be about 1/8″ thick so spread mixture if necessary.
- Dehydrate overnight at 115. Do not over dry these. I start them just before I go to bed. You want them to be flexible.
Cashew Vanilla Cream
- pulp from two young coconuts*
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- splash of Madagascar vanilla
- 1 tablespoon agave (if desired)
- Place the cashews in high-speed blender. Blend on high speed.
- Add the coconut meat and vanilla. Process until well blended. Refrigerate to thicken if needed.
- Spoon the Cashew Vanilla Cream into half the crepe.
- Top with berries and add more cream.
- Fold over and experience joy!