Strawberry Banana Treats for the Kids!
There are two raw food recipe questions that come up often. One is, what do I do with the left over pulp when I make nut milks, and the second, do you have any raw food recipes for kid’s snacks. I thought I would tackle both of them with the same recipe! Using the dehydrated pulp from my almond milk, and also a combination of strawberry and banana (always a favorite of my girls) I threw together these quick little snack “cookies”. They are tasty, super healthy and your kids will love them. No artificial colors, flavors or white stuff!
You can read all about raw flaked oats here: Raw Flaked Oats
You start by dehydrating the pulp from your nut milk. I used almond.
- 1 Banana
- 1 cup Strawberries
- 1 cup Flour From Almond Pulp (you can substitute finely ground almonds)
- 1 cup Raw Flaked Oats
- 1 tablespoon Agave (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 5 large strawberries, sliced thin.
- Place banana, strawberries, agave and coconut oil (softened) in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add almond flour and pulse until combined.
- Stir in Flaked Oats. Spread on nonstick a little less than 1/4″ thick. Score, top each square with strawberry slice.
- Dehydrate at 145 for 30 minutes and then 115 for 2 hours. Move to mesh screens and dehydrate until dry but not hard. You want these to be a little soft. Refrigerate.