Sunflower Pumpkin Turmeric Salad
I still have turmeric on the brain. All of the wonderful, healthy benefits that you get from eating this spice, let alone how tasty it is, inspires me. I have been craving easy, hearty raw food salads for lunch. Since I am up in the frozen tundra, I like to have a little more substance to my meals at this time of year. Starting with pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds, I added some of my favorite veggies and came up with a satisfying, flavorful salad that is perfect for lunch or dinner. Read more about turmeric here.
- 3/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 3/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 cup Sweet Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Celery, chopped
- 2 cups Jicama, chopped
- 1 cup Cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup Raisins*
- Soak pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds in water for 6+ hours. (I normally do this the night before and place in the refrigerator.)
- Drain, rinse and place in food processor. Pulse about 5-10 times to coarsely chop the seeds.
- Remove from food processor and place in bowl. Add all other ingredients. Stir.
- 1/2 cup Brazil Nuts
- 2 Dates
- 2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/4 cup Water
- Soak Brazil nuts and dates for at least 3 hours.
- Place Brazil nuts, dates, turmeric and water in vitamix. Blend until smooth.
- Combine well with salad mixture.
*If you want truly raw raisins, you will need to dehydrate grapes in your dehydrator.