Welcome to Our New Home!
There is a part of me that can’t quite believe that you are reading this post, on this page in our new Rawmazing home. It has been a very long time coming. If I start from when I first started wanting to expand Rawmazing, years. If you count the months that the designers and I have been working on the new site, eight.
There is an amazing amount of work that goes into developing a website. Rawmazing has over 6 years of content. It is a bit like climbing Everest. Well, not really, but you get my point. Every picture had to be reformatted, every post re-written. The design work went through revision after revision. But boy, was it worth it. I actually cried when I saw the dev site go live. And today, we can finally bring you the fruits of all of our labor!
I wanted to let you know about a couple of things that are new, and plans that we have going forward.
- The first thing you have to check out is the Recipe Index. It is so much easier to search recipes. And if you want to search ingredients, just use the search box in the upper right corner.
- As you can see, the posts look different. The recipes are still printable but so much prettier. And all the recipes are still here All 300 plus of them.
- We are adding new sections to the blog. You will see more cooked food (all plant-based, whole food), a separate section for beauty which we will be expanding, a lifestyle category where I will be exploring this plant-based lifestyle and introducing you to wonderful people and fun things. The photography section links to my photography site but will be expanding in the near future to show you the behind the scenes work and help you to learn along the way. I am super excited about the store. It will be growing to include curated collections of the most wonderful plant based living goods. As it is, it should be much easier for you to find and order the things you need.
- Each recipe will have the main ingredients or kitchen tools highlighted in the side-bar. Need something? Just click on the picture and you can find out more and even order the product.
- We are also starting to include a really cool “tip box” where you will find more interesting information about recipes.
- We have a great “Getting Started Page” that has a lot of good information even if you have been with us for years.
- The “FAQ” page has been reformatted and we will be adding to it as you bring us questions.
- And I would love it if you would stop by our new “About” page. I posted a recent wedding picture there and I also give you a closer look at who I am, and why I write this blog.
Jennifer Heller of Artsy Geek did an amazing job of translating my wishes into a reality. Shannon (my assistant) and Kaia (my daughter) and I worked endlessly, going through post after post to get everything just right. And I am thrilled with the results and very grateful for their help. And especially my husband, Peter because without his support, this wouldn’t have been possible.
I really would love to hear what you think about the new site. Enjoy and look for our first new recipe post on Tuesday!
Holly wrote on November 20, 2015
I am inspired by living a clean, vegan lifestyle.
Stephanie wrote on November 5, 2015
The site looks really nice and will spend some extra time looking through more in the coming days.
Susan wrote on November 6, 2015
Thank you, Stephanie! I hope you enjoy your browsing! 🙂
Constantine wrote on November 5, 2015
I appreciate all the effort, sacrifices and talent you have brought to the world. May you continue to be blessed in all you do! Your recipe index has a life of its own!
Susan wrote on November 5, 2015
Thank you so much, Constantine, what beautiful words to hear. I so appreciate it. And yes, we LOVE the new recipe index! Cheers!
Lynndel wrote on November 4, 2015
Great new look. Thank you for all your hard work.
Susan wrote on November 4, 2015
Thank you so much, Lynndel! And you are welcome. Cheers!
Maurene wrote on November 3, 2015
I love your new look. Absolutely beautiful. I do have one comment that I hope you will take into consideration.
Not all of us have perfect eyesight and your type is so light on the site that I can hardly read it. I actually had to blow up this comment box huge to see what I am typing. Just a suggestion for those of us who are slightly sight impaired. My oldest son is a web designer and I had to tell him the same thing. Not everyone can read a light gray on white. Again, Just wanted to let ou know.
Otherwise your new site is very impressive.
Susan wrote on November 3, 2015
We have gotten a little feedback on that. I will talk to my designer. So glad you are enjoying the rest of the new look! Cheers!
Hannah wrote on November 3, 2015
It’s truly beautiful! I’ve wanted to renovate my own blog for a very long time, so perhaps I should get in touch with your designer, too.
Susan wrote on November 3, 2015
Hannah, Jen is amazing. I honestly couldn’t have done this without her wonderful way of interpreting what I wanted to accomplish for my readers. I have worked with other web designers along the way and Jennifer is HEADS above any one I have ever come across. I can’t recommend her enough.