Strawberry Vegan Cream Avocado Pie
What do you do when you have a refrigerator full of avocados that are ripe and ready to go? Make a raw avocado pie, of course! And what goes great with avocado? Strawberries!! You know me, I can’t leave well enough alone so I couldn’t stop with just the avocado pie. I simply had to add a strawberry cream topping with a little ganache to finish it off. The result is a delightfully paired trio…avocado, strawberries and chocolate. Another raw food dessert recipe for your collection!
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts (I used presoaked, dehydrated nuts)
- 3 dates, soaked until soft
- Place all ingredients in food processor. Pulse until finely ground and well blended.
- Pat into 9″ pie plate. Set aside.
- 3 avocados
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight, rinsed and drained
- flesh from one thai coconut (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup agave nectar or liquid sweetener of choice
- Place all ingredients in food processor, process until smooth.
- Smooth into crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked at least 6 hours, drained and rinsed.
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons raw agave or liquid sweetener of choice
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- Combine all ingredients except strawberries in high speed blender. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate until set (this can take several hours).
- Stir in sliced strawberries.
- Spoon over pie.
- 1/4 cup raw agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup cacao
- Whisk all ingredients together until smooth and glossy.
- Dip spoon in ganache and add to top of pie.
Patty wrote on December 28, 2013
Hi There, I made your strawberry chocolate cheese cake for Christmas and it was a major hit. Thank you! I want to make this recipe next. Regarding the walnuts in the crust, is it okay to just use fresh nuts?
Nicole wrote on June 17, 2013
This is my husbands new favorite… mine too!! I was so suprised by the fluffiness of the topping,.. Just like whipped great but BETTER!! Thank you so much for this dreamy dessert!
Shealan Anderson wrote on May 11, 2013
I am new to this site and the raw food diet in general. The recipes look amazing!
I have a lot of allergies and nuts is one of them. Is there a substitute for the cashews/nuts?
Thank you very much:)
Gabrielle Oldmeadow wrote on August 9, 2012
This is a masterpiece! So so simple and so stunningly beautiful Thankyou for sharing.
Beatrice Oliver wrote on August 7, 2012
Do you use cacao powder or cacao nibs in the ganache? I am anxious to try this recipe.
Susan wrote on August 7, 2012
Cacao Powder. Cheers!