Pea Pods with Sun Dried Tomato Spread
Sun dried tomatoes are a favorite around here. Something magical happens when you condense the flavors through drying. I had sun dried tomatoes on the brain when I started working on some raw food recipes today. Wanting something quick and versatile, I came up with a little spread that could double as a “pasta” sauce. I love anything that will cut down on my time in the kitchen! I will post the appetizer today, and the pasta sauce tomorrow!
- 1 cup Cashews
- 1/2 cup Pine Nuts
- 1/4 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes (soft)
- 1/2 Lemon, juice from
- 1/2 Shallot (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Pinch Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 cup Fresh Pea Pods, split
- Soak cashews and pine nuts until soft (at least 2 hours).
- Combine with the rest of the ingredients in food processor and process until smooth.
- Pipe into split pea pods.
Chef’s Note: You will have left over spread. It will keep in the refrigerator for at least 3-4 days. You can use this for the pasta recipe that will post tomorrow!
For more raw food appetizer ideas, click here: Raw Food Appetizer Recipes