Quick and Easy Raw, Vegan Breakfast Pudding
I don’t know about you, but breakfast can stump me. Especially during the week. We get into such a rut of making the same thing every day. It get’s boring! Not to mention, you want a little nutritional diversity. I want something quick yet delicious and interesting. What is quicker than taking something out of the refrigerator that was made the night before?
These little raw, vegan, gluten free breakfast puddings are quick and easy. Throw them together the night before and they will be ready when you get up. They last for 3 days in the fridge which is another plus. Made from oats, chia seeds, cashew milk (recipe included), bananas for sweetening and fruit, they are a perfect way to start the day.
Oats are a great source of fiber. They also contain protein, thiamin, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, manganese, selenium, and iron. They are filling and help prevent heart disease!* Chia seeds are high in omega 3’s. Something that many of us are lacking. They also have fiber, protein, antioxidants and a wonderful filling quality, like the oats. And cashews are one of the healthiest nuts. They protect your heart, your bones, and studies have shown that a moderate amount of nuts can actually help you lower your risk of weight gain. If you don’t like cashews, you can always substitute your favorite nut-milk.
If you are wondering where we got the beautiful jars, you can find them here: Weck Jars
Find the Cashew Milk Recipe Here: Cashew Milk
Don’t forget you have to start this the day before. But tomorrow morning, you will be happy you did!
MAKES 6-8 SERVINGS
- 4 cups cashew milk (see recipe here: Cashew Milk)
- 1 banana (ripe works best)
- 1/2 cup raw flaked oats
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 3 cups fresh fruit (I used strawberries, blueberries and raspberries)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional
- pinch himalayan salt (optional)
- Blend banana into cashew milk.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
3. Ladle into jars, cover and place in refrigerator overnight. Alternatively, you can just put in a glass bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight. It will be ready to go in the morning!