Raw Food Recipes: Hazelnut Cranberry Flatbread
I love the combination of hazel nuts and cranberries and wanted to create a raw food recipe for flat bread with these. I decided to throw in a few pumpkin seeds and some flax for an extra nutritional boost. These breads are great by themselves or with a spread. Pictured here is the Honey Cayenne Almond Spread. These whip up fast and store well in the refrigerator.
- 1 cup fresh Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Hazel Nuts (dry)
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds (soaked 2 hours)
- 1 cup Raw Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Ground Flax
- 1 cup Filtered Water
- 2 tablespoons Agave
- Coarsely chop cranberries in food processor. Transfer to bowl.
- Place hazel nuts and pumpkin seeds in food processor, process until well chopped. Not all the way to fine. Place in bowl with Cranberries.
- Add wheat flour and flax. Stir to combine.
- Add water and agave, stir to combine.
- Spread 1.4 inch thick on non-stick dehydrator sheet. Score the dough. Dehydrate 1 hour at 145, reduce heat and dehydrate for another 4 hours at 116. Flip onto mesh screen, and continue to dehydrate until dry 4-6 more hours depending on your dehydrator.
Honey Cayenne Almond Butter
- 1 cup Almonds (I used pre-soaked and dehydrated almonds)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Walnut (or other cold pressed oil)
- 1 tablespoon Water (if needed)
- pinch of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon raw honey*
- Combine almonds and oil in vitamix or food processor. Process until smooth. Add water as needed.
- Stir in cayenne and honey if desired.
*Honey can be raw but is not considered vegan.