I am often asked where I get my inspiration when I am creating raw food recipes. I have a pretty extensive background in food. It is what got me in trouble with “traditional” food in the first place. Too many gourmet meals full unhealthy ingredients. Even though I eat 90-100% raw, I still love gourmet food. But now I want it to be easy and super healthy. That is what inspires me. Creating my favorite traditional recipes the raw food way!
I have been wanting to make a stuffed mushroom for quite a while. Since I love marinated mushrooms, I started with them. Then the fun starts. I decided to make a pate from pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. Shallots, garlic, some herbs and a few more ingredients, I taste as I go until I am happy.
This is an easy recipe that comes together quickly and will please you and your family. It is also a great raw food recipe for entertaining! Pumpkin seeds are extremely healthy. You can read more about them here: Pumpkin Seed Crackers
- 4 cups Mushrooms, divided
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Nama Shoyu (divided)
- 1 tablespoon Agave (optional)
- Remove the stems and gills from 2 cups of the mushrooms
- Combine Nama Shoyu, Olive Oil and Agave
- Place mushrooms and marinade in bowl, coat to combine. Let sit, stiring occasionally for at least 3 hours.
- 1 cup Pumpkin seeds (soaked for 3+ hours)
- 1 cup Sunflower seeds (soaked for 3+ hours)
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Shallot
- 1/4 cup Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Tarragon
- 1 tablespoon Thyme
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Pepper
- Finely chop garlic and shallot in food processor. Remove to bowl.
- Place 2 cups Mushrooms in food processor. Pulse until they are finely chopped. Put in bowl with garlic and shallots.
- Drain sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. Process in food processor until a paste consistency is achieved. Add to bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, spoon into drained, marinated mushroom tops. Sprinkle tops with more tarragon.
Chef’s Notes: You can start the mushrooms marinating and the seeds soaking at the same time, about 3 hours prior. You will want to pat the mushrooms dry or they will be too oily.